OUR MISSION & VALUES
The mission of the Pines 1779 Soccer Club is to provide opportunities for life skills development through the game of soccer for all young people of all ages and abilities.
Why “Pines” in our name?
When settling on a club name, it was important to be inclusive of all areas surrounding our training location in Nacogdoches, TX. The “Pines” portion of our name references the East Texas region in which most of our members come from that is widely known as the Pineywoods.
Why the year “1779”?
The year 1779 is the year that Nacogdoches was officially founded by Don Antonio Gil Y’Barbo. Known as the “Oldest Town in Texas”, by referencing this year, we are able to include all areas around Nacogdoches that were settled thereafter.
Why is green our primary color?
When people from across the region come to East Texas, they are impressed with amount of trees that fill the horizon. With such an overwhelming feeling, we wanted to capture that emotion in our primary color. As such, we will wear the all-green game kit for competitions so long as the rules of the event do not require us to change.
Pines 1779 is constantly searching for ways to impact the local community with new programming and hiring new qualified coaches. Pines 1779 will challenge our coaches and players to be creative thinkers and solve problems collectively by:
- Teaching processes and methods that are more efficient in order to accomplish goals.
- Collaborating with new local organizations that will help create a larger, more diverse yet tighter soccer community;
- Keeeping an open mind to new methods and new ways of collaborating in order to adapt to the modern and ever changing Greater East Texas community.
Pines 1779 is a community soccer club. We bring our directors, staff, club members and local community businesses together in order to achieve a common goal with successful outcomes all across the area.
Pines 1779 is an affiliate of the Nacogdoches Youth Soccer Association. From their overall parenting and guidance our club seeks to empower our young players, members, staff and community with the knowledge and confidence to create not just a soccer life but a successful life after soccer too. Pines 1779 will achieve this by:
- Developing the staff’s abilities and knowledge within the soccer community and beyond;Plan, for all strategies and for the next day, week, month, year and decade to help facilitate the growth of the organization;
- Guiding, educating and leading members, staff and the community in all areas concerning safety, development and programs.
Pines 1779 is not only educating its members as athletes, but as human beings too. Not only with members showing respect to each other, but showing respect to staff, parents, referees and opposition. Pines 1779 will achieve this by:
- Instilling respect in every activity, program and service that members participate in;Treating others as you would want to be treated- with respect & dignity;
- Making sure that all members are aware of the hard work that is invested in their development so that they can help out where needed.